What is it?
The Arts Access Assistance grants support arts programs that serve populations whose opportunities to experience the arts may be limited by age, geographic location, ethnicity, economic status, disability or other factors. Each grant cycle, a different population is chosen to benefit from these arts programs. Grants are available up to $8,000 with a 25 percent cash match.
This grant supports quality arts programming in environments where arts are not the primary emphasis. Public libraries, cooperative extension offices, nursing homes, social service agencies, health departments, state agencies, correctional facilities, college and university programs and other community-based organizations serving Kentuckians may apply. Please contact us if you are unsure about your organization’s eligibility.
Whats the deadline to apply?
Feb. 15, 2015, at 4:30 p.m. Eastern time
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the program guidelines.
- Design an arts program that includes collaborations with artists, arts professionals and/or arts organizations.
- Select supporting materials and work samples for submission.
- Mail a printout of your completed application, narrative and supporting materials.
If I receive an award, what are my responsibilities?
- Sign a grant agreement form (GAF).
- Send a letter to each of your state legislators. (Sample)
- Acknowledge the Kentucky Arts Council in all public communications. (How?)
- Submit an interim report on Jan.15, 2016.
- Submit a public value report at the end of the project activities. [Questions?]
If I have questions, who can help me?
Community Arts and Access Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
502-564-3757, ext. 492