What is it?
The Kentucky Arts Council's Emerging Artist Award is a $1,000 unrestricted award to early career, professional Kentucky artists who demonstrate excellence and creativity in their work.
Emerging artists who are responsible for creating their own work, not interpreting the work of others or creating work under the supervision of an instructor.
Visual artists, craft artists and media artists (film, video and audio) can apply in odd-numbered years (2013, 2015, etc.).
Writers (fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction and play/screenwriting), composers and choreographers can apply in even-numbered years (2014, 2016, etc.).
Whats the deadline to apply?
March 15, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the program guidelines. [Download Adobe Reader]
- Prepare work samples for submission.
- Complete the online application.
- Mail us a printout of your application with your work samples.
If I receive an award, what are my responsibilities?
- Sign a grant agreement form (GAF).
- Submit a final report at the end of the fiscal year.[Questions?]
- Acknowledge the Kentucky Arts Council when promoting your work. (How?)
- Let your legislators know that you've received this honor and invite them to
events that feature your work. (Who are my elected officials?)
If I have questions, who can help me?
Individual Artist Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
502-564-8110, ext. 479