What is it?
The Folk and Traditional Arts Apprenticeship grant provides up to $3,000 to a Kentucky master traditional artist to teach skills, practices and culture to a less experienced artist from the same community during the course of a year.
Folk and traditional artists who are considered masters within their community and who have identified an apprentice from the same community who has potential to become a master.
Whats the deadline to apply?
Feb. 15, 2014, 4:30 p.m. Eastern time.
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the program guidelines. [Download Adobe Reader]
- Select work samples and supporting materials for submission.
- Complete the online application form.
- Mail us a printout of your application and all supporting materials.
If I receive a grant, what are my responsibilities?
- Sign a grant agreement form (GAF).
- Send a letter to each of your state legislators. (Sample)
- Acknowledge the Kentucky Arts Council when communicating with the public about the apprenticeship. (How?)
- Conduct the apprenticeship according to the work plan outlined in your application.
- Host a site visit by arts council staff near the midpoint of the apprenticeship.
- Submit a public value report at the end of the fiscal year. (Questions?)
If I have questions, who can help me?
Folk and Traditional Arts Program Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
502-564-8110, ext. 495