What is it?
The Teaching Art Together Grant lets teachers collaborate with practicing, professional artists on the design and implementation of innovative one- to four-week residencies. Residencies provide teachers with the tools to continue to incorporate the arts into the curriculum after the residency is completed.
Any teacher or group of teachers presently teaching in a Kentucky public or private school that supports preschool through grade 12.
Whats the deadline to apply?
April 15, 2016, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the
guidelines. [Coming soon]
- Select an artist for the residency from the Teaching Artists Directory. Arts council
staff can help you.
- Work with the artist to develop a residency plan to take place between July and Dec. 2016.
- Complete the online application.
- Make arrangements for the district superintendent to approve the proposal and sign your application.
- Mail us a printout of your application and all supporting materials.
If I receive a grant, what are my responsibilities?
- The Kentucky Arts Council will mail a grant agreement form (GAF) to your superintendent/CEO for a
signature. Ensure the GAF is signed and submitted to the arts council in a timely manner.
- Send a letter to each of your state legislators. (Sample)
- Acknowledge the Kentucky Arts Council in all public communications. (How?)
- Make arrangements to ensure that your artist receives payment no later than two weeks after the residency
- Submit a
Final Report within 30 days of the completion of the
If I have questions, who can help me?
Jean St. John
Arts Education Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
502-564-8110, ext. 486