What is it?
The TranspARTation Grant enables Kentucky teachers and schools to offer students high quality arts experiences by providing transportation funding. Grants will be based on the mileage from the school building to the arts organization or performance venue and the number of buses necessary. Grant requests under $100 are ineligible.
Any Kentucky school, public or private, that supports grades pre-K through 12,
Whats the deadline to apply?
May 17, Aug. 15, and Nov. 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the
- Select and contact an arts organization.
- Complete the
- Make arrangements for the principal and district superintendent or
CEO to approve the proposal and sign your application.
- Mail us a printout of your application.
If I receive a grant, what are my responsibilities?
- The Kentucky Arts Council will mail a grant agreement form (GAF) to your Superintendent/CEO for a
signature. Ensure the GAF is signed and
submitted to the arts council in a timely manner.
- Send a letter to each of your state legislators. (Sample)
- Acknowledge the Kentucky Arts Council in all public communications. (How?)
- Submit a final report within 30 days of the field trip, verifying the date of travel and number of buses, to receive funding.
If I have questions, who can help me?
Jean St. John
Arts Education Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
502-564-3757, ext. 486