Showcasing the Arts Grant Program
What is it?
The Showcasing the Arts Grant enables Kentucky teachers and schools to offer students high quality performing and visual art in-school experiences, enhanced by artist lecture/demonstrations regarding the creative process. Programs demonstrate creating, performing/producing/ presenting, responding and connecting, as specified in the Kentucky Academic Standards for the Arts and the Visual and Performing Arts Program Review. Grants will provide artists’ fees. Schools are required to provide space, technical arrangements and artists’ travel reimbursement.
Any Kentucky school, public or private, that supports grades pre-K through 12, may apply.
What’s the deadline to apply?
Oct. 1, 2016, 4:30 p.m. Eastern time.
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the
- Select and contact a solo, duo or trio artists.
- Complete the
- Sign an agreement with selected artist(s).
- Make arrangements for the principal and district superintendent or CEO to approve the
proposal and sign your application.
- Mail us a printout of your application.
If I receive a grant, what are my responsibilities?
- The Kentucky Arts Council will mail a grant agreement form (GAF) to your superintendent
or CEO for a signature. Ensure the GAF is signed and submitted to the arts council
in a timely manner.
- Send a letter to each of your state legislators. (Sample)
- Acknowledge the Kentucky Arts Council in all public communications.
- Submit a final report within 30 days of the Performance/Presentation.
If I have questions, who can help me?
Jean St. John
Arts Education Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
Report a broken link.