Teaching Artists Directory
What is it?
The Teaching Artists Directory is a roster of adjudicated Kentucky artists who produce high quality artistic work and have both the skills and competencies needed to collaborate with teachers and students in designing and implementing arts education programs. The directory serves as a resource for schools of all levels as well as a variety of organizations who may want to employ qualified teaching artists. Artists selected for the directory are deemed to have a high quality of artistic work.
- Individual artists who are 21 years or older.
- Reside in Kentucky.
- Proficient in both developing lesson plans and working in a classroom setting.
Whats the deadline to apply?
April 13, 2017
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the program guidelines.
- Select work samples for submission.
- Complete the application.
- Mail a printout of your application and all required materials.
- Attend an in-person interview with a panel of education professionals on Aug. 8, 2017.
If I am selected for the program, what are my responsibilities?
- Sign a program agreement form.
- Complete the Kentucky State Police background check and mail the results to the Kentucky Arts Council.
- Submit a final report at the end of each fiscal year.
- Attend a day-long orientation and training provided by the Kentucky Arts Council.
- Acknowledge the Kentucky Arts Council when promoting your work. (How?)
- Inform your legislators of your inclusion in this program and follow up
with invitations to events that feature your work. (Who are my elected officials?)
If I have questions, who can help me?
Jean St. John
Arts Education Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
Report a broken link.