Kentucky Creative District
What is the purpose of this program?
The purpose of the Kentucky Creative District Designation is to recognize the role of the arts in growing and sustaining vibrant communities and enhancing the creative economy.
What are the goals of this program?
- Encourage community development through the arts.
- Engage resident artists and creative enterprises.
- Promote convergence among arts, historic preservation, agriculture, tourism and education.
- Strengthen creative sector entrepreneurship and job development.
- Foster arts access across generations and diverse populations.
What is a creative district?
A creative district is a mixed-use area where the arts are integral to building community, engaging residents, encouraging entrepreneurship and attracting visitors. Creative districts exist in any type of community – small, large, rural or urban.
What is the creative district designation process?
- Districts are invited to participate.
- Districts provide evidence of strong community identity, artistic assets, and sustainable support.
- Kentucky Arts Council evaluators conduct a site visit and assessment meeting.
- Official designation.
If I have questions, who can help me?
Community Arts and Access Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
Page last updated: October 12, 2016
Report a broken link.