Join the Kentucky Arts Council for a public celebration of the wonderful world of the arts in the Commonwealth and the state arts agency’s 50 years of service to the people of Kentucky!
Arts Day in Kentucky
9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
January 20, 2016
Capitol Rotunda, Frankfort
2016 marks the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the arts council by the Kentucky General Assembly, as
well as the 50th anniversary of the creation of the National Endowment for the Arts by Congress.
Arts leaders, artists, educators, and other supporters of the arts are invited to come and celebrate the arts and recognize the Kentucky General Assembly for its continued support.
Arts Day in 2016 will serve as the arts council’s official public celebration of 50 years of service to the people of the Commonwealth. Join us to acknowledge this important milestone. Arts Day in Kentucky features:
- Performances by Kentucky musicians.
- Demonstrations by Kentucky visual and craft artists.
- 50th anniversary reception.
- Check presentations with members of the Kentucky General Assembly and Kentucky Arts Partnership organizations.
- Acknowledgement of the 2015 Governor’s Awards in the Arts recipients in the House and Senate Chambers.
Arts Day in Kentucky fosters discussions among the Commonwealth’s arts leaders about the state of the creative industry in Kentucky. It is also an opportunity to celebrate Kentucky’s rich artistic heritage and acknowledge the value of and public support for the arts.
Performers and demonstrators for Arts Day include:
- Kathy Conroy, Pleasureville
- Linda Fifield, McKee
- Jack Fifield, McKee
- Willie Rascoe, Hopkinsville
- Squallis Pupetteers, Louisville
- Gray Zeitz, Larkspur Press, Owenton
- Joanna Hay and Jeff Ellis of Stirfry Musette, Frankfort