Kentucky is filled with folk traditions, old and new, from basket makers and banjo players to dancers and drummers. Explore the relationships between master folk artists and their apprentices and the culture they share through art, video interviews, live concerts and demonstrations. This exhibition celebrates 20
years of apprenticeships funded by the Kentucky Arts Council and documented by the Kentucky Folklife Program.
- 1. Chinese traditional dance – Cheryl Pan, Lexington
- 2. Thumbpicking guitar – Eddie Pennington, Princeton
- 3. Square dance calling – Charlie Whitaker, Blackey
- 4. Traditional fiddling – Roger Cooper, Garrison
- 5. Drumming and drum-making – Ed White, Louisville
- 6. Basket-making – Leona Waddell, Cecilia
- 7. Traditional banjo-playing – Blanche Coldiron, Dry Ridge
- 8. Alfombras de semana santa – Jose Neil Donis, Shelbyville
For more information, contact Mark Brown at Mark.Brown@ky.gov or 502-564-3757, ext. 495.