What is it?
The Commonwealth’s highest honor in the arts, the Governor’s Awards recognize individuals and organizations who have made extraordinary and significant contributions to the arts in Kentucky. The Kentucky Arts Council coordinates the nomination process for these awards.
Eligibility is specific to each of the nine award categories: Milner, Artist, Business, Community Arts, Education, Folk Heritage, Government, Media and National. Depending on the category, eligible nominees must be residents of Kentucky, organizations located in Kentucky or have close ties to Kentucky. Past recipients and posthumous nominees are not eligible.
What’s the deadline for nominations?
Nov. 1, 2014, at 4:30 p.m. Eastern time
How do I make a nomination?
- Carefully review the program guidelines.
- Complete the nomination form. (More than one nomination may be submitted.)
- Mail us a printout of your nomination(s) with any supporting materials.
If my nominee is selected, what are his or her responsibilities?
- Attend the Governor’s Awards ceremony at the Capitol, typically held in October, to receive recognition from the Governor.
- Attend Arts Day in Kentucky, tentatively scheduled for January, to receive recognition from the Kentucky General Assembly.
If I have questions, who can help me?
Daniel J. Strauss
Senior Program Analyst
888-833-2787 (toll free)
502-564-8110, ext. 474