What is it?
Kentucky Crafted is an adjudicated marketing and promotion program that provides assistance to Kentucky visual and craft artists through economic opportunities and training.
Program participants are included in the Kentucky Crafted online directory and have the opportunity to exhibit at Kentucky Crafted: The Market, the arts council’s award-winning annual showcase.
Visual and craft artists who do original work in any medium and who are full-time residents of Kentucky. Applicants should have some marketing experience and a cohesive body of work.
Whats the deadline to apply?
Aug. 15, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the program guidelines. [Download Adobe Reader]
- Prepare digital images of your work samples.
- Complete the online application.
- Mail us a printout of your application.
- Hand-deliver or ship your work samples for the panel to review.
If I am selected for the program, what are my responsibilities?
- Sign a program agreement form (PAF).
- Attend the Kentucky Crafted New Participant and Market Orientation.
- Submit images and an artist statement for the online directory.
- Acknowledge the Kentucky Arts Council by using the Kentucky Crafted
logo to promote your work. (How?)
- Inform your legislators of your inclusion in this program and follow up
with invitations to events that feature your work. (Who are my elected officials?)
If I have questions, who can help me?
Arts Marketing Director
502-564-8110, ext. 473