What is it?
An online directory of Kentucky artists who produce high quality artistic work and have the skills and competencies needed to work with teachers and students in designing and implementing arts education programs.
Individual artists and folk artists who reside in Kentucky and are proficient in developing lesson plans and working in a classroom setting.
Whats the deadline to apply?
March 15, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the program guidelines.
- Develop a residency overview and lesson plan.
- Select work samples for submission.
- Complete the online application.
- Mail us a printout of your application and all required supporting materials.
- Travel to Frankfort to interview with a panel of education professionals in late
If I am selected for the program, what are my responsibilities?
- Sign a program agreement form (PAF).
- Complete the FBI background check and mail the results to the Kentucky Arts Council.
- Submit a Creative Industry Report at the end of each fiscal year. (Questions?)
- Attend the annual professional development provided by the Kentucky Arts Council.
- Acknowledge the Kentucky Arts Council when promoting your work. (How?)
- Inform your legislators of your inclusion in this program and follow up
with invitations to events that feature your work. (Who are my elected officials?)
If I have questions, who can help me?
Jean St. John
Arts Education Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
502-564-8110, ext. 486