What is it?
The Teaching Artists Directory is an adjudicated roster of Kentucky artists who produce high quality artistic work and have the skills and competencies needed to work with teachers and students in designing and implementing arts education programs.
Individual artists who are 21 years or older, reside in Kentucky and are proficient in developing lesson plans and working in a classroom setting.
Whats the deadline to apply?
March 15, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the program guidelines.
- Select work samples for submission.
- Complete the online application.
- Mail a printout of your application and all required materials.
- Attend an in-person interview with a panel of education professionals on
June 8, 2016.
If I am selected for the program, what are my responsibilities?
- Sign a program agreement form.
- Complete the Kentucky State Police background check and mail the results to the Kentucky Arts Council.
- Submit a
Creative Industry Report at the end of each fiscal year.
- Attend a day-long orientation and training provided by the Kentucky Arts Council.
- Acknowledge the Kentucky Arts Council when promoting your work. (How?)
- Inform your legislators of your inclusion in this program and follow up
with invitations to events that feature your work. ( Who are my elected officials?)
If I have questions, who can help me?
Jean St. John
Arts Education Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
502-564-3757, ext. 486