What is it?
Arts professionals on the Kentucky Peer Advisory directory are available to provide three- to six-hour consultancies to assist eligible organizations and individual artists with board development, grant writing, marketing and promotions, strategic planning, festival planning and other activities. Consultancy fees are paid by the Kentucky Arts Council.
Kentucky arts organizations, community groups incorporating arts programming, as well as individual artists participating in Kentucky Arts Council programs are eligible.
Whats the deadline to apply?
April 15 – June 1, 2014 (for consultancies during July 1 – Dec. 31, 2014)
Oct. 15 – Dec. 1, 2014 (for consultancies Jan. 1 – June 30, 2015)
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the program guidelines.
- Complete the application form and mail to the arts council within the application window.
If I receive a consultancy, what are my responsibilities?
- Contact the recommended advisors, choose one and arrange the consultancy.
- Clarify with the advisor your expectations for the consultancy.
- Provide the advisor with any requested materials.
- Cover the advisor’s expenses related to travel, meals and lodging (if necessary), as well as any incidental expenses (photocopying, postage, equipment rental, etc.) as agreed to in advance.
- Complete consultation within the timeframe (July 1 – Dec. 31 or Jan. 1 – June 30).
- Submit a final report form at the end of the consultancy.
If I have questions, who can help me?
Arts Access Director
502-564-8110, ext. 492