What is it?
The Specialists with Art Tactics (SWAT) Grants support the utilization of arts education professionals who are available to provide three- to six-hour consultancies to assist Kentucky schools in developing plans and assessment tools for integrating the arts across the curriculum. Consultancy fees are paid by the Kentucky Arts Council.
Any Kentucky public or private school or district that supports grades
pre-K through 12.
Whats the deadline to apply?
April 15 – June 15, 2015 (for consultancies during July 1 –
Dec. 31, 2015)
Oct. 15 – Dec. 1, 2015 (for consultancies during Jan. 1 – June 30, 2016)
How do I apply?
- Carefully review the
program guidelines. [Coming soon.]
- Complete the application form. [Coming soon.]
If I receive a consultancy, what are my responsibilities?
- Contact the recommended consultant to arrange the consultancy.
- Clarify with the consultant your expectations for the consultancy.
- Provide the consultant with any materials needed beforehand.
- Cover the consultant’s expenses related to travel, meals and lodging (if necessary)
as well as any incidental expenses (e.g. photocopying, postage, equipment rental, etc.) as
agreed to in advance.
- Submit a client evaluation form at the end of the consultancy. [Coming soon.]
If I have questions, who can help me?
Jean St. John
Arts Education Director
888-833-2787 (toll free)
502-564-8110, ext. 486